These fudgy brownies with peppermint are decadent and rich! The perfect brownie texture with a thick, chocolatey ganache poured on top. Low-carb, gluten and grain free.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter*
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil*
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sweetener (I used Lakanto baking sweetener – see notes for subs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the ganache
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8” square pan and set aside. (You can also line it with parchment paper for easy removal if you like)
- In a small bowl, stir together sifted cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe container or over the stovetop, melt butter (or coconut oil) and chocolate chips together and stir until smooth and glossy. If microwaving, cook in 30 second intervals so you don’t burn chocolate.
- Add eggs to the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment and beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes. The eggs will be pale yellow, thicker and frothy. (You can also beat for 60 seconds with a hand-held mixer)
- Add sweetener to the bowl of your standing mixer and beat on medium-high speed for an additional 1 minute. The mixture will be a little thick. (You can also beat for 60 seconds with a hand-held mixer)
- Add the melted butter/chocolate mixture, vanilla and peppermint extract and beat until combined.
- Add dry mixture and beat until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake in your preheated oven for 18-24 minutes, or until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with wet crumbs!
- Cool completely on rack.
For the ganache:
- Place the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate in a small bowl. Heat the coconut milk for 20 to 30 seconds until the microwave until bubbling. Pour over the dark chocolate and let sit for 1 minute before stirring until smooth. Spread evenly over the cooled brownies.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until the ganache is set before cutting into 16 equal squares with a very sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
- *For dairy-free, use 6 tablespoons of coconut oil and no butter.
- I use Lily’s dark chocolate chips but any will work.
- I love Lakanto’s new baking sweetener because it doesn’t dry out as much as other sweeteners. If you don’t have that, feel free to use erythritol (Swerve, lakanto) sugar, coconut sugar, or any preferred sweetener.
Keywords: low carb brownies, keto brownies, peppermint brownies, brownies chocolate ganache