Game over! These easy chocolate chip peanut butter bars are a fan fave around here.…
Keto peanut butter cups will more than satisfy your chocolate and peanut butter cravings and you won’t feel guilty afterwards!
Reese’s peanut butter cups are highly processed, carb rich, nutrient poor and are designed to be addictive. These keto peanut butter cups use all natural ingredients without carbohydrates and sugar.
This means you can enjoy the creamy, gooey peanut butter covered by a sinful dark chocolate shell and not feel bad!
what chocolate do you use for keto peanut butter cups
The chocolate I use and LOVE is Lilys because it tastes amazing and there’s no sugar, only stevia. It’s the only chocolate I can keep around the house. I’m actually able to just have a portion, which is a foreign concept to me with other chocolates. I’m the person who buys horrible, non-chocolate candy at Halloween JUST so I don’t eat it all before kids knock on the door.
You don’t have to use Lily’s, any dark chocolate will work.
The coconut oil, which is added to the chocolate, creates a firm consistency once chilled and makes the chocolate easier to spread.
(Fun fact: if you use unrefined coconut oil it won’t taste/smell like coconuts if you’re not a fan).
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave bowl in 30 second stints, stirring after each time. Be careful not to over cook – shouldn’t take more than 1 minute total.
You can also use a double-boiler on the stove top to slow cook the chocolate.
how to make keto peanut butter cups
These cups use peanut butter however if you have allergies, they would be delicious with any nut butter so feel free to substitute.
I used home made peanut butter which is very easy to make. Simply add peanuts (any kind: roasted, raw, salted, unsalted) to a sturdy food process and press GO. Timing depends on your food processor. It typically takes mine five minutes before I achieve a smooth, butter consistency.
Store bought peanut butter works just as well, I would use a natural brand like Crazy Richards.
assembling the keto peanut butter cups
Add about a teaspoon of chocolate into each liner.
TIP: to get it to spread evenly across entire bottom of cup, bang the pan on the counter a couple of times. Once all cups are filled, stick the pan in the freezer for at least 10 minutes until they’re hard.
Then add about a teaspoon of the peanut butter combination and top with more chocolate.
Start banging again to even it out!
Now all you have to do is enjoy and lose the guilt!
Once finished, keep the cups chilled in the refrigerator.
tips for making keto peanut butter cups
- Use refined coconut oil instead of virgin if you don’t like the taste of coconut oil.
- Once you place the spoonfuls of chocolate and peanut butter in the cups, pound the tray on the counter a couple of times to spread evenly.
- Check the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals (it can burn quickly).
- Use silicone cupcake holders if you have them for easy clean-up and no waste.
how to store keto peanut butter cups
These are best stored in the fridge or you can freeze them and pull one or two out when you need a chocolate fix!
can you make keto peanut butter cups with cocoa powder?
other keto-friendly recipes you’ll love
- the most amazing caramel cups (keto)
- easy peanut butter blondies
- gooey chocolate coconut caramel bars
- crispy peanut butter bars
These keto peanut butter cups have the perfect combo: peanut butter and chocolate! With zero carbs and sugar, you can eat these keto-friendly chocolate peanut butter cups guilt-free!
Peanut butter center
- 1/8 cup powdered erythritol* (I use Swerve powdered). Use honey for paleo.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the peanut butter, sweetener, and salt until smooth.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips, and coconut oil for 30 seconds. Mix and if not completely melted in smooth, put back in for another 30 seconds. (Careful not to over cook).
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups.
- Freeze chocolate cups for at least 10 minutes.
- Pull out of freezer and drop a teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture into each cup, and top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture, spreading it around with the back of the teaspoon to cover the peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate until set.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container to store.
- Powdered erythritol subs include: powdered sugar or powdered lakanto monk fruit (any powdered sweetener of choice!)
- **Use refined coconut oil if you don’t prefer the taste of coconut
Keywords: homemade peanut butter cups, peanut butter cups, peanut butter cups keto