These easy chocolate chip peanut butter bars are a fan fave around here. They are an ooey gooey, chocolatey, peanut buttery good time.
Plus (and here’s the best part IMO), they are low in carbs and sugar!
These bars, like the other desserts that I post, give me my “sweet fix” without the need to go crazy and binge. I can have one square and feel satisfied.
why chocolate chip peanut butter bars
- They are low carb and less than 2 g of sugar!
- They take minutes to make, using only 1 bowl.
- These bars are phenomenal. Period.
Note, the vanilla bean paste is not necessary, you can use vanilla extract but I didn’t have any when I took this photo.
I like using chocolate chunks versus chocolate chips because they melt more easily, which gives you the gooey factor!
Next, whisk together butter, sweetener and peanut butter.
Add 1 egg and 1 egg yolk.
Add dry ingredients: almond flour, salt and baking powder.
Mix until smooth.
My favorite part – add the chocolate chunks! Also, reserve a some of the chocolate chunks so you can put them on top.
Lastly, add to a 9×9 baking dish and spread so it’s smooth. Add the reserved chocolate chunks.
Sign me up! Easy and delicious!
Yummmm….the finished product.
This recipe was adapted from gnom-gnom. Their recipes are absolutely genius!Print
These chocolate chip peanut butter bars are a hit at any party! Delicious peanut butter with chunks of chocolatey goodness!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 2/3 – 1 cup xylitol (we used 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 3/4–1 teaspoon of sea salt (depending how salty peanut butter is)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks (we used Lily’s dark chocolate bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk butter, sweetener and peanut butter until combined.
- Add 1 egg, whisk, then add the egg yolk. The texture should be smooth with most of the sweetener dissolving into the mixture.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, salt and baking powder and whisk until fully blended (about 1 minute). Fold in most of the chocolate chips or chunks (reserve some to place on top once in the dish).
- Transfer batter to the baking dish, smooth out and add remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 20-27 minutes (I did 24) until the center is set.
- Let cool and then transfer blondies using parchment paper and cut into 12 or 16 slices.
- Can substitute 7 tbs of coconut oil + 1 tbs of coconut cream for butter.
Keywords: peanut butter blondies, peanut butter chocolate bars, peanut butter chocolate blondies