What happens when you marry a Reese's peanut butter cup to a classic rice crispy…
Korean beef lettuce wraps are the perfect solution for an easy, healthy, delicious weeknight meal! These babies take minutes to make and everyone will love them.
When your craving for Asian cuisine kicks in, skip the unhealthy take-out that is guaranteed to contain questionable ingredients, sugars, and carbs! Conquer your craving with a meal that will satisfy and delight!
how to make Korean beef lettuce wraps
Here’s what you’ll need! You can make Korean beef lettuce wraps with beef or ground turkey. Also, feel free to add white or brown rice.
Cut green part of onion. Put aside.
Now cut the white part – you’ll add whites to the meat while it’s cooking.
Whisk soy sauce, 1/2 of the sesame oil, brown swerve (or sugar), garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes.
Brown the meat in a skillet and add the white onions. Drain fat once the meat is cooked.
Add sauce to meat and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Serve in lettuce wrap or over rice.
Top with green onion and sesame seeds (optional).
Some other options include serving the Korean beef over rice or you can add the rice to the beef and wrap in the lettuce.
Are Korean beef lettuce wraps Keto?
Yes, as long as you use a low-carb sweetener like Swerve or if you add rice.
How can I make wraps spicier?
If you want a little more kick, feel free to add extra crushed red pepper flakes.
Which lettuce is best for beef lettuce wraps?
Iceberg, Boston, green leaf and butter lettuce seemed the most used, the favorites being iceberg and butter. Asian wraps seemed to use more iceberg. It does give them a nice crispness, but I think it is hard to roll, which is probably why some of the softer lettuces — like butter lettuce — are used a lot.
What to serve with beef lettuce wraps
Other keto-friendly recipes you’ll love
- copycat Chick-fil-A sandwich
- copycat in-N-out burger (whole30, paleo)
- skillet chicken with tomato basil ragu
- easy breezy salmon with herb dijon sauce
These Korean beef lettuce wraps make a delicious, quick, healthy weeknight meal! Use ground turkey or lean beef and serve with lettuce or rice!
- 1 head of lettuce (Boston, butter or bibb work well!)
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, divided in half
- 2 tablespoons of Swerve brown (could use brown or coconut sugar)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch green onions, split between green & white sections
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Sesame seeds (garnish)
- In large skillet, brown the beef in 1/2 tbsp sesame oil.
- Add white part of onions and continue to cook until the beef is done. Drain fat.
- Whisk in bowl brown swerve, soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Pour sauce over meat and allow it to reduce (3-5 minutes).
- Serve in lettuce wraps or over rice.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Keywords: Korean beef, Korean beef wraps, beef wraps