What happens when you marry a Reese's peanut butter cup to a classic rice crispy…
These crispy chickpeas with parmesan are insane! So much flavor in such a little bite!
I keep these suckers on the counter and munch on them when I want a snack! Why not, chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are fantastic for you! And these are little flavor bombs!
why crispy chickpeas
- They are perfect as a snack or on top of soups, salads, bowls – anytime you need a little crunch.
- They’re packed with nutrients including protein and fiber.
- They are very easy to make!
how to make crispy chickpeas
First, rinse and pat dry the chickpeas. It’s important to really dry them for the ultimate crunch. Also, as you pat with a paper towel, the shells will begin to come off. Take as many of these off as possible (you don’t have to spend a ton of time doing this) but they are crunchier without the shells.
Mix together the Parmesan and herbs. I’ve made these without the Parmesan and they’ve been just as good so it’s fine to skip it!
Add the lemon zest of 1 lemon.
And now the olive oil.
how to roast crispy chickpeas
After 15 minutes, take them out of the oven, throw them in a bowl (be careful, they’ll be hot) and add the spice combination. Make sure all chickpeas are covered and then put them back on the sheet tray.
Cook for another 15 minutes. When 15 minutes is over, turn off the oven and let the chickpeas sit in the oven as they cool. This will crisp them up perfectly!
This is the end result: perfectly crisp, flavor-filled goodness.
Put on top of EVERYTHING: salads, soups, bowls. Or, eat by themselves as a great snack!
For other great snacks to keep around the house, check out our quinoa granola with oats.Print
Keep these in your house all the time! These crispy parmesan chickpeas are great for snacks or top soups and salads with them.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Rinse chickpeas and completely pat dry with paper towels. Remove any shells that have fallen off.
- Place on cookie sheet (completely spread them out) and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowls, combine all other ingredients.
- After 15 minutes, carefully take the chickpeas out of the oven, put them in a bowl and add the spice mixture. Mix well, covering all chickpeas.
- Place back on the cookie sheet, then back in the oven for 15 more minutes. After that, turn the oven off and leave the chickpeas on the oven to cool and crisp up.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Keywords: crispy chickpeas, parmesan chickpeas, crispy parmesan chickpeas