The only problem with these seared scallops with sweet & spice mango salsa is that…
This sweet & spicy mango salsa is the perfect compliment to chips and guac or seafood and chicken. Be sure to check out my seared scallops with spicy mango salsa recipe!
Why sweet & spicy mango salsa
- It’s so easy and delicious
- Add as much spice as you like
- It’s so versatile!
Use as an appetizer or top scallops with it. Let your imagination run wild!
Follow the recipe however I will always recommend that people don’t follow a recipe blindly, always taste and balance it out if you find the scale of flavor is tipped in one direction!
If you do not like a lot of spice, simply use less of the red pepper flakes.
Let’s talk cilantro
I have a love hate relationship with cilantro. In my humble opinion, a little bit goes a looooong way. I crossed that line when making this recipe.
I love subtle cilantro, a small hint. That line I mentioned above happens when you add cilantro to a recipe and then it’s all you taste.
I’ve adjusted the recipe accordingly. If cilantro is not your thing, throw in some basil!
Pair this with nachos and my bacon guacamole for your next get together!Print
This sweet & spicy mango salsa is the perfect compliment to nachos, fajitas, fish, chicken or anything else you can imagine!
- 3 ripe mangos, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (less if you don’t like heat)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- A couple sprigs of cilantro (optional)
- Combine the prepared mango, pepper, onion, red pepper flakes and cilantro. Add lime juice and mix well. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- For best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer so the flavors marry.
Keywords: mango salsa, salsa, spicy mango salsa