Roasted cauliflower soup is the ultimate soup to have on hand for a delicious snack,…
Herb roasted sweet potato fries are a “too good to be true” food! I feel like I’m indulging in something unhealthy BUT these are not at all (quite the opposite)! I LOVE foods like this!
Sweet potatoes are loaded with fiber, vitamins and minerals with many other benefits. My sister’s herb garden was getting out of control so I brought home TONS of fresh herbs. These fries were the perfect way to use them up!
how to make sweet potato fries
Before cutting the fries, make sure to soak them for at least 30 minutes to remove excess starch (which will help them crisp when you cook).
When you’re ready to cut them, drain and use a towel to pat them dry, completely.
To cut the sweet potato, it’s easiest to slice off a bit of each side. This gives you stability as you cut further. It also creates more square, uniform fries.
Next, you’ll want to chop all of your fresh herbs. Play around with the herbs you use, you really can’t go wrong! Additionally, I used my herb-infused olive oil for extra flavor on these suckers.
how to make sweet potato fries perfectly crispy
Make sure you lay the fries in an even layer on your baking sheet. You’ll probably need a second sheet with this recipe. It’s so important not to overcrowd or you won’t achieve the desired crispiness! It’s also helpful to use parchment paper so they don’t stick.
After 15 minutes in the oven, flip the fries on both sheets. It’s also a good time to rotate the baking sheets between racks for even cooking.
These get eaten up in seconds at our dinner table!
how to customize sweet potato fries
- Add cheese when you are ready to serve
- Use different herbs like oregano, dill, rosemary, chives or basil
- Heat it up with some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- Use curry powder, cajun, taco or Italian seasoning
what to serve with roasted sweet potato fries
You have so many options—sweet potato fries go with everything. Here are a couple of suggestions:
- parmesan crusted chicken
- roasted cauliflower soup with thyme and garlic
- autumn salad with warm cider vinaigrette
- creamy broccoli soup
- easy white chicken chili
- blackened mahi with mashed herb cauliflower
These herb roasted sweet potato fries are killer! Perfectly browned and coated with olive oil and herbs, these do not disappoint!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil, thyme, sage, chili powder, garlic and large pinch of salt and pepper. Spread the fries out in an even layer (a second pan is probably necessary).
- Put in the oven and back for 15-20 minutes, flip the fries (rotate rack for each pan if you used 2). Cook for 15-20 minutes more. Sweet potato should be tender, yet crisp.
- Pull from the oven when finished. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve while hot.
- Other herbs will work so feel free to substitute.
- Recipe adapted from halfbakedharvest.com.
Keywords: sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries, roasted sweet potato fries