Nothing says summer like key lime bars! I absolutely had to make these after seeing…
These healthy pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting were a hit around here! I got my favorite compliment from the kids, “these don’t taste healthy”. It’s a deliciously pumpkin-spiced, moist cake with sweet, rich cream cheese frosting. You’ll be tasting “Fall”!
These are perfectly sweetened with erythritol. With less than 3g of sugar, I can enjoy one without spiraling out of control.
how do you make pumpkin bars?
These bars use blanched almond flour vs. white flour for the base. This gives you the benefit of high protein and nutrients but low in carbs. Almond flour is also better for keeping your blood sugar in check so it’s a sustained source of energy. Much better than the highs and lows of processed flour!
To sweeten, I used a erythritol sweetener (Swerve) which also doesn’t change blood sugar.
2 for 2! Boom!
cream cheese frosting for pumpkin bars
This frosting is out of this world. A little cream cheese (you can use low fat), powdered erythritol (I used Swerve confectioners), vanilla and a bit of greek yogurt. The greek yogurt helps thin it out a bit. Almond milk would work too.
Recipe adapted slightly from Wholesome yum.Print
Taste the flavor of fall with these healthy pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. Warm, pumpkin spices topped with sweet, rich frosting. Low calorie, low sugar, gluten-free.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 oz. plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup erythritol sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger and cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
Cream cheese frosting
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed (I used 1/3 fat)
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain non-fat greek yogurt (to make more spreadable)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 in baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla. at medium speed until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat with the hand mixer at low speed, until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the lined baking pan and smooth the top. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, use a hand mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla and greek yogurt until smooth. (You can thin it out with a little milk or more greek yogurt if you’d like.) Let the bars cool completely before frosting and cutting.
Keywords: pumpkin bars, pumpkin bars cream cheese frosting, low carb pumpkin bars
share the deliciousness!
If you made this recipe or have any questions, please comment below!
Also, share a photo with your favorite facebook group or tag @forkfreedom_ on instagram!