This soft and tender low carb apple cake is packed with fresh apples and warm, fragrant cinnamon. Perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
Because it’s made with almond flour and xylitol (you could sub erythritol), it’s a wonderful low-carb, dessert option!
I’ve always LOVED Jewish apple cake and this recipe reminds me so much of that (minus the sugar and white flour)! It’s great to have a low carb Jewish apple cake option!
how to make low carb apple cake
Start by peeling and slicing the apples. Place them in a bowl with cinnamon and lemon juice. Combine so all apples are coated.
Next, prepare the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. For the flour I used almond flour. My favorite brands are Bob’s Red Mill or Anthony’s almond flour because it’s very fine. I’ve found some brands of almond flour to be a tad more course and therefore, the cake is a more dense.
Lastly, combine the wet ingredients. Beat the melted coconut oil (ghee or butter), eggs, vanilla and almond milk in a small bowl. Add these wet ingredients to the dry mixture and then fold in the cinnamon apples. Place batter in pan and cook for about 45 minutes (until toothpick comes out clear).
additional almond flour recipes
- homemade twix bars (keto, GF)
- best keto chocolate chip cookies
- peppermint fudge brownies with chocolate ganache
- soft pumpkin cookies with cranberries
- gooey chocolate coconut caramel bars
Everything you love about fall in one recipe! Enjoy the warmth of the cinnamon, the sweetness of the apples and slight hints of lemon. Low carb, grain & sugar free!
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced (I used granny smith)
- juice of 1 lemon (1/2 of an orange would work too)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup xylitol or erythritol
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee or 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line a 9×9 pan (or 11 x 7) with parchment paper.
- Combine sliced apples, lemon juice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs, coconut oil or butter, vanilla and almond milk in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Cut into 12 or 16 pieces.
Keywords: apple cake, cinnamon apple cake, apple crumb cake