If you are craving beef lo mein, enjoy this healthier version which you can make…
You’ll never taste the difference with this shocking copycat in-N-out keto burger. Who needs a roll anyway? They’re majorly overrated!
This in-N-out keto burger starts with a juicy, flavorful burger, enveloped in a crisp lettuce wrap and topped with a melt-in-your-mouth sauce, sweet caramelized onions, fresh dill pickles and tangy mustard!
Even better, this sucker uses whole, nutrient-dense foods with no sugar! BONUS! I am always looking for ways to reduce my refined sugar/flour intake and this recipe does exactly that.
Often times loaded burgers like this include sauces or condiments with hidden sugars. Not this baby!
The ingredients chosen in this recipe have no added sugar. This means you will walk away from this meal feeling completely satisfied and energized from nutritious, delicious food. If you’re looking for help with sugar binges, check out my post on ingredients to help avoid sugar binges.
how to make an in-N-out keto burger
The caramelized onions and sauce can be made ahead of time and stored which make this a fast weeknight meal!
I used grass-fed beef for the burgers because it has more omega-3s which are anti-inflammatory. Feel free to swap with your meat of choice.
You can cook the burgers by grill, griddle, skillet or broiler. Typically I like to grill burgers but it’s 20 degrees outside so broil it is!
how to caramelize onions
Caramelized onions are one of those magical ingredients that can transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Here are the steps which can be done ahead of time. I like to make big batches of these to keep in my fridge. Then I throw them on salads, omelets or in marinades.
- Start with sliced onions and olive oil in a sauté pan on medium-high heat. You want a big pan so the onions have room to do their thing. Make sure you have plenty of sliced onions because they’re going to shrink down significantly when caramelized.
- Add some sea salt. This will draw out the moisture. As they cook, they’ll first get soft, then juicy. Then, this concentrates and they begin to brown, or caramelize, making them sweet and delicious. It will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and enjoy the process. Give the pan a shake every once in a while.
- Keep cooking until the onions are tender and a deep golden brown (20-30 minutes).
how to make keto in-N-out sauce
This keto in-N-out sauce has no added sugar if you use the suggested products. Feel free to make any substitutions with staples you may already have in your pantry or fridge.
First, grate the Vidalia onion which will add some natural sweetness to this keto sauce. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Note, if you don’t have relish, dice some dill pickles and throw them in.
assembling your in-N-out keto burgers
Lay a lettuce leaf on the plate, add the burger, sauce, caramelized onions, pickles and tomatoes. Add any other toppers like avocado slices, bacon or bacon guacamole. Top with a 2nd lettuce leaf. Enjoy!
Pair your burgers with loaded roasted potatoes with bacon and avocado sauce, herb roasted sweet potato fries or sautéed green beans with shallots and garlic for a delicious meal.
what if you could…
enjoy desserts without feeling guilty afterward?
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories454
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 10%
- Sugars 4.6g
- Protein 20.6g 42%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.